Tuesday 16 October 2012

Why to be better?

   I've noticed that a lot of people don't even try to be better- I mean that they like their averageness. They can even be talented in something but in the same time they're too lazy to work. For example the children who are talented in chess and who win a lot of tournaments from a very young age- they become used to receiving everything without any efforts and usually they are outgrown by the not so talented ones but who work systematically.
   There's also another category- the ones who work vey hard at the begining, but once some success is achieved,they stop working, considering that they've done enough. This kind of people don't want to excel,they simply want to enjoy their lives,to do what they like, and to make a living from it. I don't understand how is it possible to be thanked with being average. When I see how Judit Polgar or Hou Yifan play I feel like I'm a big zero and I want to work more and more,in order to be able to show the same quality of games as they do. The problem is that I don't know exactly what to do,what to work on and how... I try one way,then another one...
   Like Nietzsche said: "There's no sense to live if you're not trying to become a Superhuman". He was very radical in his opinions,he was a convinced atheist,so his opinion was that we should try to achieve our best in this life,because there will be no other chance. His philosophy was based on the fact that a man should go through 3 phases of transformation- the cammel one,the lion one and the child one. The cammel would endure many things,walking on through the dessert no matter what,after this,one should become a lion, an agressive,fearless predator who would be aware of his power and who would fight anyone who'd stand in his way to greatness,once one has become fearless,it woud be the time for the 3rd transformation-the one into a child-an inoccent creature full of natural wisdom and creativity... I like his point of view, even if I believe that there should be something after death...
    I hope that I won't lose the strive to become better even if I will be average my whole life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment