Monday 1 October 2012

CHESS,CHess,chess...

   I have just read an interview of Garry Kasparov,where he said that it's possible to be a very good chess player only when chess=life. Hanging out during tournaments,having all kind of worries-it's not proffessional. I think he's completely right,if to analyse my best and my worst results so far, I had my best results when being totally focused on chess,not thinking about exams,men or anything else. It's really difficult to be like this when you have so many temptations. I mean that it's almost impossible to say "no" to a friend whom you haven't seen for months when he asks you to hang out. Maybe the solution is to have more "not chess players friends",so not to have with whom to hang out during tournaments,but come on, how's that possible? There must be some balance I guess,not no get too distracted and in the same time not to go all mad about chess ;) I want to be still sane in 20 years :P

No comments:

Post a Comment