Wednesday 15 April 2015

myself.MD

Orheiul Vechi
     There's a small country called Moldova which happens to be my homeland.
     Being a chess player, I've traveled a lot, have seen many interesting places all around the World. It's not only about discovering new cultures, it's also about finding new "my selves ".
     It's not a thing to brag with, but I've never visited the cultural sites of the country I come from. That's why I decided, having a few free days, to fill this gap.
     The famous natural, archeological and turistic complex "Orheiul Vechi" was the first one on my list. The place has a very interesting history which dates from as early as the 10th century BC. You can find out more about this here: http://orheiulvechi.com/ Another interesting thing about this place are the cave monasteries- places of cult from the early stages of Christianity. You can spot them in the next photo:
Cave Monasteries

     Here are a few more photos with views from a traditional Moldavian village.







Martins nests



Traditional Moldavian house

     Next to follow was the beautiful "Curchi Monastery". This place induced me into such a peaceful state that I thought that it would be great to retreat there for a week or two with a suitcase full of books!
    


     Though living in Romania, it is a great pleasure for me to return from time to time to Moldova and to remember where my roots come from!


xoxo from Chisinau ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment