Monday 6 May 2013

1st Round

      The 1st round couldn't pass without some surprises.
      The nr.1 favourite- Dmitry Jakovenko couldn't win against the Polish IM- Duda Jan.
1144
IMDUDA Jan-Krzysztof25060½ - ½0GMJAKOVENKO Dmitry2731
1

      The nr. 6 seed- Akopian Vladimir made a draw against GM Trator Marko.
66
GMAKOPIAN Vladimir27050½ - ½0GMTRATAR Marko2498
149

     The nr. 1 Romanian player- Liviu-Dieter Nisipeanu suffered a defeat against IM Pacher Milan (2470) of Croatia.
2021
GMNISIPEANU Liviu-Dieter267900 - 10IMPACHER Milan2470
163

     Here are the results of all the Romanians in the 1st round: http://chess-results.com/tnr95789.aspx?art=25&fedb=ROU&lan=11&fed=ROU&flag=30&wi=821

     I lost unfortunately. I had very good chances- receiving a nice position after the opening, but I got too optimistic afterwards and sacrificied a pawn- which didn't lead to anything good. You can see my game here:


     Here are some photos I took today, during my morning walk through the rainy Legnica:








Grigoryan Avetik and Danielian Elina of Armenia also taking a walk 





"Welcome to the Hotel California/ Such a lovely place..." Well, it's actually "Kamieniczka"- but lovely anyways :P
     I play against a lower rated player today, again from Czech Republic- Pavlicek Miroslav (2014). I hope to have a good game and to win :)

Will keep you posted!

xoxo from Legnica!



No comments:

Post a Comment