Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Bucharest? No chance- only Rome available!

     God! These last 36 hours have been just crazy! My worst worries came true.

     So, everything started yesterday morning, at 6 am, as I woke up and was driven to the Frankfurt airport. It was snowing so hard and everything was immediatly freezing-I thought the car would just stop in the middle of the highway at some point. We got to the airport somehow, I has happy to be in time until I saw Frankfurt-Wien 09.25- cancelled. Fu'k! I went to my company's office and stayed in a 20 people que. When it came my turn, I said to the women behind the desk that my flight to Wien got cancelled and I lose the other flight from Wien to Bucharest because of that... She looked at me with a "I don't care" face and printed me another tickets for 17.25. She handed me them not saying anything. I started to ask what shall I do until that time and she said- "It's not our fault that the weather is like this- you can do whatever you want until further notice". Well, that was kind of rude... I buyed a book- "Fifty shades of grey" and the last Cosmopolitan and went to a cafe. 200 pages read and my flight cancelled again... I went to the "kind" lady again. She was more friendly than the last time as she handed me another tickets- Frankfurt-Rome-Bucharest, for 18.30. Ok, what to do- I went to my gate and resumed my reading. 18.00- stood up and saw that the flight got delayed- another hour for reading. 19.00- Boarding- YES!!!!
Finally boarding for Rome


 Got to the plane- reading resumed. Arrived to Rome at 10.00 pm. Missed the flight to Bucharest. What next? Some Allitalia workers were waiting for us and oraganized a bus to some hotel, announcing that I will fly to Bucharest only tomorrow at 14.40 pm. Great! I was expecting some barely 3 stars hotel, but got to a 5 stars one- went for a nice dinner,had some great wine and got a single room- that was pretty cool.Book finished :)
The hotel in Rome

It was a pretty nice weather

     The weather in Rome was much nicer- no snow at all-maybe some 12 degrees... I fell asleep so easily- I don't remember myself sleeping so well in the last few months. I woke up at 9.30 am and thought about going to breakfast, but another hour of sleeping sounded more compelling...
     I'm writting from Bucharest now, from a nice cafe, enjoying my dinner and yet another glass of red wine- I thought I deserve it after 36 hours of travelling :) I've also got my baggage- though it wasn't on the belt, I had to go to the "Lost Baggage" office. It seems it has arrived before me :D
     Well, I am happy to have finally arrived to the destination and as it was a hell of a trip for playing just 2 games-I'm happy I have at least won them...

xoxo from Bucharest ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I am aware of this really is fairly off-topic but
    I were required to request. Will operating a
    well-established website similar to the one you have
    have a great deal of operate? We are brand new to
    be able to blog on the other hand do generate in my work schedule daily.
    I’d love to start a website to talk about my very own encounter in addition
    to landscapes on the internet. You should inform
    me for those who have any strategies as well as tricks for brand new aspiring
    site homeowners. Appreciate it!
    Look into my homepage - Online Vehicle Insurance

    ReplyDelete
  2. From time to time opinions like these are
    going to be challenging to have faith in however there’s many relevant
    plus valuable recommendations the following. People that article this
    info are to be thanked.
    Feel free to surf my website Check Background

    ReplyDelete