Monday, 17 March 2014

The Game

     It's been a very interesting month for me, one in which I had some very good time doing the things I like the most.
With a dear friend- Katerina Pavlidou
     The Europeans ended for me not as well as it had started. If I had a 2600+ performance after the first five rounds and a high level of chess, the tournament ended with me showing a 2440 performance and only one truly good game out of the last 6. If to consider that it was the first tournament of the year for me, after a two and a half months break, the result is normal, one that I hope to be followed by better ones :)
     As about Armenia, I enjoyed it and I am grateful for the nice people I have met there and for the friends I've made :)
     Aaah, not to forget to mention, if you remember, I was telling how much I liked the Armenian food in the last post... Well, I guess I liked it too much, as I got a very nasty food poisoning in the last days- maybe that's the reason why I started winning again :))) (I suppose it is a joke, well, the last part, the food poisoning wasn't any of a joke :P )
     I've drawn all the necessary conclusions and I am ready to play the next tournaments (or I will be in about 10 days :)
Constantin Lupulescu
     The last but not the least important thing about the tournament- Constantin Lupulescu shared the 2nd place with an impressive 2759 performance and has qualified for the 2015 World Cup, with which I congratulate him once again! 2/2 in the last two games, both with black, against higher rated players, both in French- hm... maybe I should rethink my opening repertoire ;)
     Now, about next tournaments- I will play the "Karpos Open",which will be held  in Macedonia, from the 29th of March. It is going to be a very strong tournament, I am nr.82 so far in the starting ranking list, which you can check here: http://chess-results.com/tnr121297.aspx?lan=11
     I will play another three tournaments after that, about which I'll keep you posted ( of course :D )!
     That's it so far, I have so much to write about, but let's keep the intrigue until the next posts ;)

     An idea to keep your mind busy- "Do you think your personal karma affects your level of chess?"


xoxo from Iasi ;)

8 comments:

  1. I don't quite know what you mean by karma, if you mean your childhood, very much so. I suspect if I had learned chess at 5 or 6, I would have been far stronger OTB than I am now. (OTB = Over The Board)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your blog since you began it. Perhaps because I would have liked to live the life you are living. Going everywhere to play chess! Here in Uruguay you have a fan who wishes you success. Public translator english-spanish, 61 years old, modest rating Elo 1849. Great if I receive a few lines from you. Hiber Nuñez

      Delete
    2. Hi, dear Alejandra!
      I am very glad that there are people like you, who like my blog. I've made it to share a part of a professional chess player's life and to show to the World that being a chess player can be an interesting and challenging option.
      Thank you for reading and wish you all the best as well!

      Delete
    3. Hi Peter!

      By karma I mean the balance between the good and the bad stuff one does in his every day life, like helping a poor man or feeding a homeless dog, or viceversa- doing smth wrong or imoral.

      Delete
    4. So glad for your reply! Had not yet a reply from any famous chess player till now! (Not that I tried very much, Varuzhan Akobian of the U.S. (I very much like his lectures)I but he did not reply. Perhaps you got confused: Alejandra is the name of my wife (she does not like chess) and we use a "family e-mail". Well, perhaps I could have your e-mail and tell you about chess in Uruguay. I do not have a Facebook. Our best players are Andres Rodriguez 2467 who recently played against Carlsen in Brazil and Bernardo Roselli 2435 . If you were uruguayan with your elo you would be No. 3 in this country! as our third is Rivera who lives in Spain 2353. But I think ELO is just a reference. Important in chess is art, intellectual exercise and human relations. As I told you English is my 2nd language as I understand is yours, so please tell me if you find something "strange" in my writing! Best wishes! Hiber

      Delete
    5. So glad for your reply! Had not yet a reply from any famous chess player till now! (Not that I tried very much, Varuzhan Akobian of the U.S. (I very much like his lectures)I but he did not reply. Perhaps you got confused: Alejandra is the name of my wife (she does not like chess) and we use a "family e-mail". Well, perhaps I could have your e-mail and tell you about chess in Uruguay. I do not have a Facebook. Our best players are Andres Rodriguez 2467 who recently played against Carlsen in Brazil and Bernardo Roselli 2435 . If you were uruguayan with your elo you would be No. 3 in this country! as our third is Rivera who lives in Spain 2353. But I think ELO is just a reference. Important in chess is art, intellectual exercise and human relations. As I told you English is my 2nd language as I understand is yours, so please tell me if you find something "strange" in my writing! Best wishes! Hiber

      Delete
  2. My problem with good and bad is Irina, I don't believe in freewill. To quote Schopenhauer “A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are looking forward to the next update!

    -Seth

    ReplyDelete