Tuesday 10 January 2017

A Chess Saga

     2017 is already here and it has brought loads and loads of snow in Bucharest... (yep, Bucharest is my new home now!).
     While most of the "normal" people had to return to their normal schedule and go to work, I'm taking advantage of the privileges of being a chess player, staying comfy at home, drinking tea and planing the calendar for this year... 
     2016 was definitely an interesting year! There were many ups and downs, but somehow, more ups come to my mind, which is a good thing...
     I hope that 2017 will be at least as good as 2016!
     November & December were some veeeery full months for me! I think that I've never played so much chess! There were more or less successful tournaments, but I've understood that it can't be healthy to play so much if you want to think of yourself as of a professional.
     I hope to play less in 2017 and if possible- better! :)) Why not, right?
     I've achieved the "so much wanted" 2400+ Elo again, though I try not to overthink it. After all, chess is not about ratings and this 2400 doesn't either feed me or warm me any better than 2395... 
     I hope that I'll be able to make the necessary adjustments this year so I would start playing better chess, that's the main goal (besides buying a sofa and a TV for the new "hommie" :)). 
     These being said, here's a little timeline of the last "chess months":

Calimanesti, Romanian League, beginning of November, smiley face


late November, Kings' Tournament- vs GM Mihail Marin (my face as expressive as ever!)


Again a very friendly Irina, this time vs GM Vlad Jianu
Romgaz Open- very late November- again a "happy" face
     
My mood at the beginning of December!

Wining 3 National titles (Rapid, Blitz and Solving) right after the beginning of December deserved a smile!

Finally a happy face and a week break from chess!

Vandoeuvre, France, first half of December- happy face goes on!

End of December, Austria, right before the last 3 "very successful" rounds (0,5p/3)

     I will finish on this positive note, the face I had after those 3 rounds got no official record!


xoxo from Bucharest :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment